I tried many recipes for donuts but this one is best of all and I want to thank Fatima Zahid for sharing it with me. You must be surprised like I was that the main key ingredient in this recipe is “mashed boiled potatoes” which make these donuts very soft and crispy but you are not going to feel any taste of potatoes in it. You can use them another day too if you store them in air tight box. The softness will be the same on other days. One more good thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to wait for your dough to rise for hours. So here is the recipe for a soft and crispy donut.
Ingredients Of Soft And Crispy Donuts
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup ground sugar
- 1/2 cup warm mashed potatoes
- 5 tsp. yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup cooking chocolate
- 6 tbsp. cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
Method Of Soft And Crispy Donuts
- In a cup of milk add butter and microwave it for 30 seconds. It should be warm and not hot. Then add 1tsp sugar and yeast in this mixture. Set it aside for 5 minutes or till its frothy.
- Take a sifted flour in a bowl and add sugar, salt, vanilla essence and warm mashed potatoes in it. Now knead it with light hands by adding yeast mixture slowly. The dough should be soft.
- Now cut donuts with a donut cutter or with glass. Rest them for 15 minutes and then deep fry them. Oil should not be very hot or cold.
- Mix all the icing ingredients and microwave them for 30 seconds or check for the chocolate to melt. Mix it properly and let it cool down and thickens.
- Now coat the icing on donuts and decorate them with sprinkles or any thing you like. You can coat Your donuts with any kind of icing you like.