There are so many childhood memories attached to this sooji ka halwa. My mother used to make the best halwa in this world. I still remember that taste and aroma and her love that gave the best taste to every dish she cooked. Some memories never fade away and remain in your heart forever. Another halwa which I always ready to eat is besan ka halwa. Here is its recipe
Ingredients Of Sooji Ka Halwa
- 2 ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup sooji or semolina
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp grounded cardamoms
- 6tbsp oil
- Almonds and raisins for garnishing
Method Of Sooji Ka Halwa
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan add the grounded ilachi and stir it then add sooji and stir it on low heat till it turns a light golden color.
- Add the raisins and almonds and stir them. Now add the sugar syrup in it, stir continuously.
- Cook it for 10 minutes and then put it on dum.
- Decorate it with almonds and raisins or any crushed nuts of your choice. I like to eat this halwa hot or warm especially in winters but you can have it cold too,
- People also serve it with poori or naan.