I love to cook sooji ka halwa in desi ghee with lots of nuts on it. My family loves to eat sooji ka halwa with hot poori. You can also make poori with this halwa with following recipe I shared on my blog.
Ingredients Of Sooji Ka Halwa
- 2 ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup sooji or semolina
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp grounded cardamoms
- 6tbsp oil
- Almonds and raisins for garnishing
Method Of Sooji Ka Halwa
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan add the grounded ilachi and stir it then add sooji and stir it on low heat till it turns light golden color.
- Add the raisins and almonds and stir it. Now add sugar syrup in it, stir continuously.
- Cook it for 10 minutes and then put it on dum.
- Decorate it with almonds and raisins.