Here is an easy and quick recipe for steak and kidney pie shared by Chef Zakir.
Ingredients Of Steak And Kidney Pie
- 2 kidneys
- 250 gm beef undercut
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 kg puff pastry dough
- 2 tbsp roasted refined flour
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2tbsp oil
Method Of Steak And Kidney Pie
- Cut the undercut into small pieces. Clean the kidneys, cut them into small pieces, and wash them. Heat oil in a pan and fry sliced onion till it turns golden. Add ginger garlic paste and beef pieces. Fry it.
- Add kidney pieces, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and cover it with a lid. Add 1 cup water to the pan and cook till all the water dries up. Add another 1/2 cup of water and leave to cook.
- Boil a little water in another pan and then add refined flour to make a smooth mixture. Add this mixture to kidney gravy to make a thick mixture.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough and with the help of a cutter, make 12 round pieces. Set 6 of these pieces on a pastry tray and fill them with the undercut mixture.
- Beat the egg and spread it on the corner of the other pieces of puff pastry. Put these pieces over the first ones. Brush the egg over the puff pastries and keep the dish in a preheated oven at 200 degrees.
- When they are golden from the top, take them out of the oven and serve hot.