Chef Tahir is doing a wonderful program nowadays” cooking on budget”. You can now make different things at very low cost if you follow his recipes. Here is the recipe for strawberry mousse.
Ingredients Of Strawberry Mousse
- 300 gm cream
- 125 gm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 350 gm strawberries
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Method Of Strawberry Mousse
- Beat cream with 50 gm sugar till its fluffy and thick. Set it aside.
- In a blender blend 3 eggs, strawberries, 75 gm sugar till it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Now take a nonstick pan and heat the egg and strawberry mixture on a low heat. Stir it continually till it becomes thick. Don’t let it boil. Cool down this mixture in the fridge.
- Take gelatin and dissolve it in cold water and add lemon juice in it. Add gelatin in strawberry mixture and mix it with the wooden spoon.
- Now add cream in it and fold it lightly. Put it in a fridge and serve it chilled. Decorate it with strawberries and whipped cream
This recipe requires the use of gelatin even though this ingredient is haraam. Isn’t there a substitute that we can use instead of gelatin? It would be appreciated if Muslim cooks used all zabihah halal ingredients in their cooking.
YOu can also use china grass instead of gelatin.
are all gelatins haraam?i have gelatine which is got from saudhi .do u think they will sell haraam stuff?all the more i want to know what is exactly gelatine made from
i am not sure but i think that its made of some animal;s fat which is prohbited in islam. and i dont think that they will sell haram things in saudia as they are very particular about it