This is very healthy recipe for Susan’s chicken for kids especially in winters. Kids will love it because its not too spicy. Do give it a try and let me know how it was. My kids liked it very much with boiled rice.
Ingredients Of Susan’s Chicken
- 6-8 chicken pieces with skin
- 2 onions
- 2 inch ginger piece
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves as required
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 5 tbsp oil
Method Of Susan’s Chicken
- Fry the chicken in 4tbsp of oil. When the pieces turn golden, take them out of the pan and set them aside.
- Cut tomatoes and onions into small squares and make a paste of ginger and garlic. Fry onions till they turn golden. Add half of the ginger garlic paste and cook. Add dry ginger, red chilies, turmeric and 2 tbsp coriander powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt to this mixture. Cook till the tomatoes are tender and water dries up.
- Add chicken pieces to the pan and cook till chicken is tender.
- Add 1 tbsp coriander powder and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in separate pan and put all vegetables in it. Add remaining ginger garlic paste and salt. Mix well.
- Make a layer of vegetables in a dish and top it with the chicken.
- Decorate with chopped coriander leaves and serve.