I can eat tandoori chicken daily. Its one of my favorite thing to eat with green chutney and paratha. You can make it in oven or in steam. Its really good for people who are watching their weights. It has low calories because we are using very little oil. Just marinate chicken in few ingredients and then grill it or bake it. You can also make it in pot on slow heat and when its get ready give it coal smoke.
Ingredients Of Tandoori Chicken
- Chicken 500 gm
- Yogurt 125 gm
- Lemon 1
- Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
Method Of Tandoori Chicken
- To make marinade: combine salt, turmeric, yogurt, lemon, ground red chili, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
Coat the chicken pieces for ½ hour with this mixture.
- Bake the marinated chicken in the oven tray, Add half cup water in the baking tray.
- When the chicken becomes golden brown, take it out of the oven.
- Grill it a little so that it gives barbecue fragrance.Garnish with tomato, cucumber and lemon.
Serve with chutney.