I love to have this tea cake with my coffee or tea. The aroma of this freshly baked cake is out of this world. Do try and give your comments in the section below. This cake tastes like pound cake and it is very soft and moist. I love its buttery flavour and I like to eat it when it’s slightly warm, let’s say straight from the oven.
Ingredients Of Tea Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 200 gm. butter
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. lemon essence
- In a bowl beat together 1 1/2 cup castor sugar and 200 butter till creamy.
- Then add 3 eggs one by one and 1 tsp. lemon essence.
- Fold in a sieved mixture of 2 cups flour and 1 tsp. baking powder.
- Lastly, bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees for 25 minutes. Teacake is ready to serve.
- Serve hot straight from the oven. I really love to eat while it is a little warm.
- You can skip lemon essence and can use vanilla essence in its place. Take butter and eggs at room temperature for better results. If castor sugar is not available then take simple sugar and make its powder in the blender and then use it.
I made this delicious tea cake and it was really yummy. Thanks for recipe
Thanks for trying
Pls what is the meaning if fold in sieve mixture
fold means to mix gently with wooden spoon. dont use electric beater at this stage.