Tempura is a Japanese dish and it consists of different vegetables, meat and seafood dipped in batter and deep-fried. It is different from other fried snacks because it is less greasy and is much lighter.The batter is made very runny so that it makes a thin coating over the object being fried, and objects are fried immediately after being battered.
Ingredients Of Tempura
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 cup flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 lb seafood, cut into cubes
- 1/2 lb chicken, cut into cubes
- Cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- Carrots, sliced
- Capsicum, cut into strips
- Oil for frying
Ingredients Of Teriyaki Sauce
Method Of Tempura
- Beat egg yolk with a fork, add cold water and flour. Mix it until its well combined. It should be thin like cream. Add more ice water if it is still thick.
- Add salt and white pepper in it. Dry all vegetables and meat with paper towel. Now coat all seafood, meat, and vegetables in flour and then dip them in a batter. Fry immediately in hot oil. Serve it with teriyaki sauce.
- Method Of Teriyaki Sauce
- Pour ingredients into a medium saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer.