Following are some tips for baking a perfect cake. Sometimes our cake gets hard or breaks down or gets cracked. There are different mistakes which we do and it’s really simple to bake a perfect cake. Just follow these steps and make your cake like a professional baker.
Baking a perfect cake is an art. A properly mixed cake batter should have a uniform mixture with all of the ingredients completely incorporated. The formation of evenly distributed and tiny air cells has a big impact on the final cake’s texture, appearance, keeping qualities, and flavor. If you want to make a perfect cake then you should follow these tips:
- Read through the entire recipe several times. Use the best & freshest ingredients.
- Use good equipment, but you need not go overboard.
- Use the pan size and type called for in the recipe.
- Have all ingredients and mixing bowls at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven and prepare the cake pans.
- Pre-measure all ingredients.
- Follow all baking steps. Do not delay in between. Do not under-or over-mix. Overbeating should be avoided because:
- Overbeating the butter can soften it too much, which will diminish its ability to trap air.
- Overbeating the eggs whips in too much air and creates tunnels in the cake.
- Overbeating once the flour has been added, promotes gluten formation and toughens the cake
- Quickly place the batter into the prepared pans. Prevent the cake from baking with a middle hump.
- Bake your cake immediately after filling your pans. Do not open the oven door during the first 30 minutes of baking.
- For best results, nuts, raisins, and fruits are added in the batter last, with a spatula, moving in a gentle folding motion, unless the recipe specifies otherwise
- Check for doneness at beginning of the time range.
- Cool cakes completely after baking.
- Eat cake as is or frost before serving.
- Properly store cakes.