If you are not overweight but health problems related to being overweight run in your family, it is important that you try to keep your weight steady. If you have family members with weight-related health problems, you are more likely to develop them yourself. In this article, you will find some useful tips to control your weight and to start healthy living by adopting some healthy habits.
You can reduce your risk of developing symptomatic osteoarthritis by maintaining a normal weight. Here are a few tips that may help you in maintaining an appropriate weight:
- Try to eat a variety of foods, especially wholegrain foods.
- Eat plenty of foods and vegetables. These foods will fill you up and are lower in calories than food full of oils and fats.
- Avoid red meat and eat more chicken and fish.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Increase physical activity. Making physical activity a part of your daily life is an important way to help control your weight.
- Spend less time in activities that use little energy like watching television and playing video games.
- Simple ways to becoming more physically active include walking to the store or taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
- If you have to drive somewhere. park farther away than you need to and walk the extra distance.
- Tackle household chores, such as vacuuming, cleaning, washing clothes, or cleaning the bathroom, they all burn calories.
- Avoid fast-food restaurants.
- Eat when you are hungry, not when you are bored or because you can’t think of anything else to do.
- Don’t eat meals or snacks while watching TV because you will probably end up eating more than you intend to.