In this recipe for whole Thai fish, you can take any type of fish which you like. Fish is full of proteins so make it part of your diet. Cooking the fish whole keeps the flesh juicy and very succulent. The fish literally falls off the bone with a light fork. This recipe is shared by Chef Zakir.
Ingredients Of Whole Thai Fish
- 1 whole fish
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Few curry leaves fresh, chopped
- 6 whole dry red chilies
- 3 star flowers (badya phool)
- 2 green onions, green part only, chopped
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 3 tbsp crushed coconut
- Salt to taste
Method Of Whole Thai Fish
- Wash the fish properly. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees for half an hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry garlic and ginger in it for 1-2 minutes. Add whole red chilies and starflowers. When garlic and ginger become light golden then add tomatoes, curry leaves, and green chilies. Mix it well.
- Now add green onion, coconut, red chili powder, black pepper, salt, and 1/2 cup water. Cook it on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Apply cuts on both sides of the fish. Put fish in an oven tray and squeeze 2 lemons on both sides. Put the lemon rind in over the tray, it will give a nice aroma to the fish.
- Sprinkle some salt on the fish and spread the gravy which we made on the fish. Drizzle some oil on the fish.
- Bake it for 10-12 minutes and if the fish is big then it will take 20-25 minutes.