Zarda or sweet rice is really simple to make. You can also make zarda from leftover boiled rice.
Ingredients Of Zarda
- Pinch yellow color
- Pinch salt
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 small cardamoms
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 kg sugar
- 1/2 kg rice
- Khoya and nuts for garnishing
Cooking Method Of Zarda
- Boil water with yellow color and salt. Add cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamoms. Now add washed rice in it and cook rice fully and drain them.
- Heat oil and add half cup water in it. Add sugar and mix it well till sugar dissolves.
- Add boiled rice in it and cook on high flame. When water dries up put the lid on and lower the flame. Put on dum for 15 minutes.
- Garnish it with nuts and khoya