Zarda is sweet rice which is cooked in sugar syrup and served with lots of nuts on it. I like yellow color of this dish. It gives it very refreshing look. Zarda is our traditional sweet dish which is also cooked in many weddings.
Ingredients Of Zarda
- ½ kg boiled rice
• 1 ½ cup sugar
• 6-8 cloves
• 4-6 small cardamom
• 4 tbsp raisins
• ½ tsp yellow food color
- 1/2 cup milk
• Half cup cooking oil
- Method Of Zarda
- Clean the rice thoroughly, rinse in fresh water and soak for almost 30 minutes and then drain.
- Take sufficient amount of water in a large saucepan, place it on stove and let the water come to boil. Then add rice and yellow color and cook until it has been half boiled. Strain the boiled rice to remove excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil and add cloves, cardamoms and add half cup milk in it. Add sugar and mix it well till sugar dissolves.
- Add boiled rice in it and cook on high flame. When milk dries up put the lid on and lower the flame.
- Put on dum for 15 minutes.
- Garnish it with nuts, almonds or raisins and khoya