You can serve this zeera pulao with any kind of gravy, kebabs or just with simple cucumber raita. Its very simple to cook.
Ingredients Of Zeera Pulao
- 1/2 kg rice, washed and soaked in water for half hour
- 4 big green chilies, each cut into 2 lengthwise, remove seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds (sonaf)
- 2tbsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup ghee or 1 cup oil
- Water as required
Cooking Method Of Zeera Pulao
- Take a thin cloth and place crushed coriander and fennel seeds in it. Tie it and make a little pouch.
- Heat the oil in a pan add that pouch, green chilies and cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds only otherwise the spices will burn very soon. Add water according to the quantity of rice.
- Add salt in it, when water start boiling then cover it with lid for 1 –2 minutes. It will help in mixing all flavors of spices in water.
- Now add rice and cook them on high flame. When water dries put the rice on dum for 8- 10 minutes covered on very low flame. Take out the pouch from rice before serving, which i always forget:)
- Serve hot with any gravy, kebab or raita.